Windows 8 has a unique display, appearance and unique features. Microsoft has released it in four editions. But I am discussing here Windows 8/8.1 Pro that’s the most wanted edition of this Windows. Windows 8 Pro missed various important features for professionals. That’s why Microsoft released Windows 8.1 Pro update to cover the missing features.
Download Windows 8 Pro
- 1GB RAM for 32-bit, 2GB RAM for 64-bit
- 16GB Hard disk space for 32-bit and 20GB for 64-bit
- 1GHz or above processor
Methods to Create a Bootable USB Flash Drive [Installation Guide]
Downloading and installation will take place in two parts. In the first phase, I will create Windows 8 Pro bootable USB/DVD and the next phase will explain installation.
Method 1: Create Bootable Windows 8 Pro Via Rufus
Creating a bootable USB flash drive by using Rufus is very easy. It’s for inexperienced users. In this method, you need to follow a few clicks and Rufus will complete the process automatically.
- Click Here to download the tool.
- Now, go to Downloads and click “rufus.exe” to start the installation.
- When the installation is over, launch the tool.
- Now, download Windows 8 Pro ISO from the Download section of this post. (Check your system’s version whether it’s 64-bit or 32-bit. Download the accurate version’s ISO file.)
- Connect a 4GB USB flash drive to your PC.
- In Rufus, click the option “Create a Bootable USB Drive.”
- Now, select “Browse” to open Windows 8 Pro ISO and click “Next.”
- Now, click the option “Start” and “Windows 8 Pro ISO.”
- Rufus will convert the ISO image into an executable file within a couple of minutes.
- That’s it. Your Windows 8.1 Pro bootable USB flash drive is ready.
- Now, plug in USB with PC and restart it to start the installation.
Method # 2: Create Bootable USB via CMD
This method involves some commands. That’s why it seems a bit complicated method. So, I will recommend you to use it if you are an expert in Command Prompt.
Step 1: Download Windows 8 Core ISO from the above section and save it to your PC.
Step 2: Format the USB flash drive by using the following method.
Make sure that you are using an 8GB USB flash drive that could accommodate the ISO image of windows 8 Core.
- Connect a 4GB USB flash drive with your PC.
- Go to the Start menu, and look for the Command Prompt.
- Right-click on Command Prompt and select “Run as Administrator” from here.
- Here, type a few commands and press Enter every time.
- “list disk”
- “select disc #” (Here, replace “#” with the number where you want to install Windows.)
- “Create partition primary”
- “select partition 1” (You can write here the drive name like E: or D: )
- “format fs=NTFS”
- Type “assign” (here, assign a volume and drive letter to the USB drive)
- “exit” (It will exit “Disk Partition”)
- Now, you will see the flash drive will be visible in Windows Explorer with a name like F:\ or E:\.
Step 3: Make the USB Flash Drive Bootable
Now, you will follow some commands to make this USB flash drive bootable.
- Type “bootsect /nt60 X:” here. (Change “X” with the drive letter of a flash drive)
Step 4: Copy the Windows ISO Files to USB Flash Drive
- Now give the final command to copy the ISO file “xcopy G:\*.* X:\ /E /F /H.” The term “XCOPY” shows a copy of the ISO file.
- Close CMD Administrator.
That’s all. Now, your Windows 10 bootable USB drive is ready to use.
- Connect the bootable USB flash drive to the system and restart it.
- When you see the Windows logo, keep pressing F2 and Esc key at the same time to enter BIOS.
- Select “Boot” from here.
- Press the down arrow to move through the list of options and select “USB” here.
- It will show you a few options. Select the relevant option and select “Exit Saving Changes” to exit BIOS.
- Now, click on your preferred language.
- From the same page, select the keyboard input method and Time & Currency format.
- Here, select the “Install Now” option to start the installation.
- Insert the product key.
- Now, click the box “I Accept the Terms” to proceed.
- Here, select the type of installation from “Upgrade” or “Custom.” If you want to keep previous data and files, select “Upgrade.” Select the “Custom: Install Windows only” option if you want to install a fresh copy of Windows.
- Now, make partitions of your Hard disk drive and select the drive where you want to install Windows.
- That’s it. It will show you the installation process in percentage. Wait for a while until it sets up the Windows.
Salient Features of Windows 8/8.1 Pro
Users of Windows 7 Starter and Home (Basic & Premium) can upgrade to Windows 8 only. You can upgrade to Windows 8 Pro if you are using Windows 7 Pro or Ultimate. The basic features of Windows 8 Pro are the same, but it has some additional features too. Let’s have a look at its striking features.
Microsoft has included a complete set of important apps for professional people. It allows you to create documents, sheets, presentations and meeting notes by using MS Office apps.
Easy Gestures support swiping from left to right and vice versa.
Semantic Zoom is another best feature to zoom in by pinching to the screen. You don’t need to scroll down the page to read more news and emails.
Internet Explorer 10 brings a faster and secure browsing experience. No hacker or malicious site can track your IP address and personal data.
Live tiles bring automatic updates for you. For example, you don’t need to refresh “Mailbox” to read the latest emails. The mail app keeps fetching updates. In the same way, News and Calendar apps bring the latest news and alerts for upcoming events.
Windows Defender protects your data and operations from malicious software. It defends Windows and your documents from viruses, Trojans, malware, and adware.
The updated Task Manager is easy to operate now.
A complete pack of Languages is an integral part of Windows 8 Pro. You can change your language by using it easily.
This version of Windows brings a better multiple monitor support if you are using multiple monitors for a project.
A faster Remote Desktop allows you to access any computer in the world remotely. You can share files, attend online meetings and provide assistance to your clients by using it.
Lock Screen is a unique addition where you get the latest email alerts, weather, and news alerts without unlocking your PC. You can customize it to get meeting alerts, Camera and other features.
The apps list has a powerful search feature. You can access an app instantly by typing a few letters in the search bar.
Refresh and reset your PC is very easy now. You can refresh it with one click now. So, when your PC is running slower due to bugs, just tap the refresh button to get a refreshed and faster PC.
It has a quick shutdown, startup, hibernation, and sleep.