Microsoft added some very attractive features in Windows 7 to make it everyone’s perfect Operating System. It was released in six variants: Pro, Home Basic, Home Premium, Ultimate, Enterprise, and Starter. Windows 7 Starter is for small Netbooks and has a limited number of features. Home Basic and Home Premium are for common users. Windows 7 Home Premium, Basic, Pro, and Ultimate are available at retailers. The other two are for companies and businessmen.
Download Windows 7 Ultimate ISO
Check the download requirements before starting the downloading process.
- 1GHz or above processor
- 2GB RAM for 64-bit/1GB RAM for 32-bit
- 20GB Hard disk for 64-bit/15GB for 32-bit
- DirectX 9 Graphics Processor
Methods to Create a Bootable USB Flash Drive [Installation Guide]
Before installation, you need to convert the ISO image into an executable file. Here, I am using three quick and easy methods. You can follow any of them.
Method #1: Use “Windows USB/DVD Download” Tool
In the first method, I am using Microsoft’s official tool “Windows USB/DVD Download.” You can get it from the official site of Microsoft.
- Download it from here.
- Connect an 8GB USB flash drive with a PC.
- Now, download Windows 7 Enterprise ISO from the link in the above section.
- Here, right-click to the tool and select “Run” to proceed.
- When it opens, you see the “Source File box.” Add the path of ISO file here. You can also use “Browse” to locate ISO automatically.
- Select the option “USB Device” to create a copy of the ISO file on the USB drive.
- Now, click the option “Begin Copying” to copy the ISO image to the USB flash drive.
- Open the relevant folder and double-click the “setup.exe” file. Double-click this file to start the installation process.
Method # 2: Use RUFUS
Another quick option to create a bootable USB flash drive is to use RUFUS. It’s a third-party tool that is safe and easy to use. You don’t need to do anything complicated. Just download it and follow a few clicks and that’s it.
- Download Rufus.
- Connect an 8GB USB flash drive with a PC.
- Open Rufus Home Page
- Click the option “NTFS” to create a bootable disk for Windows 7.
- You will see a button like “DVD Drive” with the “Create Bootable Disk Using” option. Select this button.
- Select Windows 7 Ultimate ISO file.
- Click “Start” and the tool will start converting the ISO image into an executable file.
- Wait for a few seconds and move ahead once you get a message that your bootable USB drive is ready.
- Connect the bootable USB flash drive with PC and reboot it to install Windows 7 Ultimate.
Method # 3: Use Command Prompt
The third method involves the Command Prompt Administrator. It’s a bit lengthy process, but you don’t need to download any tool. You can create a bootable USB flash drive by using Command Prompt.
- Go to the “Start” menu and select Command Prompt.
- Right-click to it and select “Run as an Administrator” option.
- When it is open, type the following commands and press the “Enter” key after every command.
- LIST DISK
- SEL DIS 1 (Instead of 1, type the drive number where you have saved Windows 7 Starter ISO file.)
- CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY SIZE=102400 (You can select your desired drive size)
- FORMAT FS=NTFS LABEL=”WINDOWS 7”
- Here, click the “Install Now” option to start the installation.
Follow the instructions below to start the installation of Windows 7 Ultimate.
- Reboot the system and select the option “Boot from USB.”
- The system starts loading the files.
- On the next page, you need to set a language, time, currency format and keyboard or input method. Click “Next” to proceed.
- Now, select the “Install Now” option.
- Click “I Accept the License Terms” on the next page and move ahead.
- Here are two types of installation: Custom and Upgrade. Select one of them. If you want to delete all the previous files and want to install a fresh copy of Windows, select “Custom” otherwise select “Upgrade” from there.
- Now, select the disk drive where you want to install Windows 7 Enterprise.
- On the next page, you will see the confirmation message to delete the old Windows. If you are upgrading, show your preference here.
- Now, the copying of files, expanding and installation will begin.
- Wait for some time until the installation reaches 100%. During the installation process, it will restart several times. Do not interfere while the installation process is going on.
- Put the product key in the boxes given here.
- Finally, select the network connection to connect to the internet and your Windows 7 Enterprise is ready to use.
Windows 7 Ultimate Features
Windows 7 Ultimate has unparalleled features for professionals and small and medium businesses. That’s why it’s still the first preference of all. The basic features are almost the same in all variants of Win 7. However, Windows Ultimate 7 has some special features. Let’s see what it brings for you.
Quick and organized Search is its prominent feature. You can trace anything virtually in your PC and from online sources.
Smooth and swift performance of Windows 7 Ultimate makes it a lot better than its predecessor Windows XP.
It has quick Startup: hibernate, sleep, and shutdown.
Windows 7 Ultimate requires less for installation and has a quicker USB device detection feature.
Snap brings customization of multiple windows on your desktop. You can resize windows to adjust according to your requirements.
Taskbar gives better thumbnail previews and icons. You can customize it too.
Windows 7 Ultimate is compatible with almost all Win XP tools and applications. When you upgrade from Windows XP to Windows 7 Ultimate, it runs the previously used apps smoothly.
Unlike other editions of Windows 7, it supports powerful 64-bit systems.
You can personalize icons, themes, gadgets, and taskbar. Everything is customizable in it.
Windows Defender ensures the security of your system and data from hackers, malicious software and spyware.
It has some latest navigation features like Aero Shake, Jump Lists and Snap.
Windows Firewall builds a dual security shield around your system and data to make it securer from the access of viruses. You can download/upload/browser with the utmost security.
This edition of Windows 7 has a full language pack for users. You can use any of the 35 international languages.
BitLocker Drive Encryption ensures the safety of all disk drives. Only an authorized person can access your system.
The network creation is easier due to the Network Wizard. Even a newbie can create a Home/office network by using the wizard. You can connect your PC with a shared printer within no time.
It supports “Blue-ray read/write” for data files.
You can recover data easily. Data Recovery tool allows you to recover the accidentally deleted files with great ease.
In the same way, it was a quick Backup feature to backup data on a weekly, daily and monthly basis.
Windows Media Center allows you to watch, pause, rewind, forward and record your favorite TV shows.