Windows 7 is the most widely used Operating System around the globe. Microsoft released it in different variants like Pro, Home Basic, Home Premium, Enterprise, and Starter, etc. Windows 7 Pro is a specialized edition for Professionals only. That’s why; it has some unique and highly useful features. It’s easy to navigate through the apps and to customize themes, icons, taskbar, and desktop. The user interface is very easy and simple. Due to these reasons, it’s still wanted by users even in the presence of its successors: Windows 8, 8.1 and 10.
Download Windows 7 Pro ISO
Methods to Create a Bootable USB flash drive [Installation Guide]
First, we will create a bootable USB flash drive then we will install Windows 7 Pro by using it. Here are three easy methods in this context. Use any of them to convert the ISO image into a bootable file.
Method# 1: Use USB/DVD Download Tool
In the first method, I am using Microsoft’s official tool known as “Windows USB/DVD Download.” It’s available at Microsoft’s official site. You can download it from there to convert the ISO image into an executable file.
- Connect a 4GB USB with your PC.
- Download Windows 7 Pro ISO from Download section (Make sure that you download the right version of Windows 7.)
- Now, right-click to the “Windows USB/DVD Download” tool and select “Run.”
- When it’s open, search for the “Source File” box. Type the path of the ISO image file or use “Browse” to locate the ISO.
- Now, select “Next” to move ahead.
- Click “USB Device” and “Begin Copying” here. The tool will start converting the ISO image into a bootable “.exe” file.
- Now, your bootable USB flash drive is ready. Go to the USB flash drive and double-click the “Setup.exe” file to start the installation process.
Method # 2: Use RUFUS (A Third-Party Tool)
If you want to follow an easier way, use a third-party tool known as “Rufus.” It’s a straightforward tool that converts the ISO image into a bootable file with a few clicks. It’s easy and simple to use. You can use it without being worried about the security of your data or system.
- Download Rufus.
- Connect USB flash drive with PC.
- To create a Windows bootdisk for Windows 7 or XP, select “NTFS” from the drop-down menu.
- Here, you will see a button similar to a DVD drive. It’s located with a checkbox “Create Bootable Disk Using.” Select this option.
- Select Windows 7 Starter ISO file.
- Click “Start” and Rufus will start converting the ISO image into executable files.
- Within a few minutes, your bootable USB drive is ready.
- Connect it with PC and restart it to start the installation process.
Method # 3: Use Command Prompt
- If you don’t want to download any tool, use Command Prompt to convert the ISO image into an executable file. However, it’s a bit lengthy method. Follow the steps below to begin.
- Open Command Prompt from the Start menu. (You can also open it by using the hotkey Shift + F10)
- Now, type the following commands and press the “Enter” key after every command.
- LIST DISK
- SEL DIS 1 (Instead of 1, type the drive number where you have saved Windows 7 Starter ISO file.)
- CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY SIZE=102400 (You can select your desired drive size)
- FORMAT FS=NTFS LABEL=”WINDOWS 7”
- Now, select “Install Now” to a particular drive you have created.
Follow the instructions below to start the installation process.
- Attach the USB with your computer and restart it.
- When it displays a few options, select language, time and currency format and click the “Next” option to move ahead.
- Select “Install now” to proceed.
- Select the “I Accept the License Terms” option and “Next” from here.
- You see two options: Custom and Upgrade. Select “Custom” if you want to install a fresh Windows OS, select “Upgrade” to upgrade to a newer version of Windows.
- Now, create the partitions and select the partition where you want to install Windows and select “Next” from here.
- Insert a “Username” and a computer name and select “Next.”
- Click “Use Recommended Settings” from the next screen.
- Now, enter the accurate time, date and time-zone.
- Connect to the network.
- That’s all guys.
- You have successfully installed Windows 7 Professional on your PC.
Windows 7 Pro Features
Windows 7 Pro has the same basic features as other editions of Win 7, but it has some particular features for professionals. You can install it on any device. It has no compatibility issue with any apps of the predecessor OS.
You can run it in Windows XP mode because it supports Win XP. You can run all Windows XP apps in Windows 7 Pro.
Remote Desktop Host allows you to access your desired PC or files from a remote computer. Now, every document is in your access even when you are thousands of miles away from your home PC.
A complete set of Microsoft Office tools allows you to create documents, presentations, spreadsheets, and notes. You can edit and prepare new documents by using an MS-office suit.
Upgraded and powerful Remote Desktop Host allows you to access any PC in the world remotely. Exchange documents, audio, video files and get assistance on technical issues remotely by using it.
Windows Explorer and Search are more powerful in Windows 7 Pro. To search an app or document, type a few letters and get relevant results instantly.
Upgraded troubleshooting and error diagnostic features are the main ingredients of Windows 7 Pro. You can resolve most of the IT-related issues quickly by using these tools.
Windows Defender brings the utmost security of data and system. It blocks malicious software and hackers from accessing your system and data. You have more aggressive security while browsing, uploading and downloading from online sources.
Add your PC to an existing or new network by using the Network wizard. It even helps share data, files, printer, etc among different PCs connected to the same network.
Windows 7 Professional contains a Location-Aware printing. It automatically detects your location and moves the documents to the accurate printer automatically.
Restore accidentally deleted data quickly by using the “Restore” feature. It’s only in Windows 7 Pro that you can restore deleted files easily.
You can backup data to a particular device or location by using the Backup wizard.